Low libido in women may be one of the root causes of decreased sexual intimacy between couples. As this intimacy becomes an issue, they may both feel sexually deprived which may lead to issues in their relationship or in their married life. It is important to address a decreased female libido as soon as possible to prevent personal relationships from falling apart. Here are some great techniques:
• Settle for natural cures to help increase a woman’s libido. There are herbal treatments that she can take like Damia and Dong Quai to help treat low libido in no time at all. It is important to know however that although herbals remedies work, they may have adverse reactions with any medication you may be currently taking. These herbal cures are not indicated for pregnant and breastfeeding women and must be consulted to your doctor for dosage and side effects.
• A medical expert in women’s health may also advice medications to regulate hormones especially for menopausal women. Since some illnesses and medications may have a direct effect on women’s hormones; it is advised to seek medical consult as early as possible to diagnose and prescribe appropriate treatment for your condition.
• Psychological counseling can help a woman and her partner resolve conflicts and issues easily. The couple must communicate their special preference for sex as well as appropriate treatment for their intimacy issues.
• Personal counseling may also help treat self esteem issues, any history of sexual abuse, anxiety and depression all of which can contribute to low libido in women. Treatments may include joining support groups and one on one counseling as well.
• Managing stress may also increase the female libido. Since it is a given that women are more prone to stress due to many factors, it is important to learn techniques that can help manage stress to help reduce low libido in women. These stressors may be job related, due to family problems, personal problems and many other stressful situations.
• Exercise is a great way to improve your energy levels; it is also a great stress reliever and a way to increase low libido in women. Experts believe that exercise also increases self esteem levels ultimately improving a woman’s sex drive. Interaction with the opposite sex at a fitness facility or a gym may also spark a woman’s interest in having sex once more.
• Spicing up your sex life as a couple can also increase female libido. Try fantastic sexual positions, erotic massages, fun foreplay and sex toys that can make each sexual encounter something to look forward to. Talk to a sex therapist for couples for great sexual techniques and advices to help create sexual interest once again.
• A retreat from the usual grind of life can be a therapeutic way to regain a woman’s libido. Try a tropical paradise vacation away from work and family. This may truly regain your lost fire as a couple and who knows, it may even take your relationship to a whole new level.