Experts believe that a healthy diet is the best way to increase the female libido. It is through a healthy intake of vitamins, minerals and nutrients can a woman with low libido perform better in bed than what she used to. There may be other factors that can influence a female’s sex drive like medical conditions, stress, intimacy issues and many more.
It is of course and important step to consult a medical professional for any medical condition that may directly or indirectly affect a woman’s sex drive. A psychologist or a therapist may also be consulted to seek professional advice regarding reviving female libido. It may also be important for a woman to consult her doctor regarding dietary changes that she may need to do to improve her sex drive. Here are some healthy and nutritious foods that are known to improve libido in women:
• Oysters – this perfect and nutritious gift from the sea is jam packed with zinc that is known to improve testosterone levels, important in maintaining libido in men and also in women. Oysters are also known aphrodisiacs which is great to eat before a great night in bed!
• Fish Oil – deep sea fish oil like mackerel and also salmon contain Omega – 3 fatty acids that are great in enhancing circulatory function plus improve blood circulation as well. Fresh fish or canned fish may be used and made into nutritious recipes or salads.
• Garlic – this is another food known to improve sex drive in both men and women. It contains allicin which is a compound that is known to improve blood flow to the male and female sex organs. Have garlic soup or garlic flavored recipes for dinner and it is a guarantee that you will have more appetizing time in bed with your partner!
• Chili – chilies are also known to naturally enhance a female’s low libido. They contain capsaicin which increases systemic blood flow and facilitates the release of endorphins that are known to enhance mood as sexuality as well. Fresh chilies may be included in recipes to make food piping hot or chili sauce added to recipes, sandwiches and many other foods.
• Asparagus – is another food that can supply the body with folate that can increase a body’s production of histamine. Histamine is essential in both men and women to stimulate mood and improve libido in women. You may eat fresh asparagus with a whip of butter or may be added in great tasting dishes and salads.
• Avocados – this fruit is rich in vitamin B6 and potassium to significantly increase hormone production in both men and women. Folate which is found in avocados also increases a person’s stamina, energy and sex drive. You can eat avocados ripe and chilled or as a refreshing smoothie.
• Bananas – this tropical fruit contains bromelain which can increase libido in men. This fruit is also high in potassium and vitamin B that can boost a person’s energy levels and also fuel a person’s sex drive. You may eat bananas as it is or can be eaten with ice cream or with peanut butter.
• Watermelon – this juicy fruit is rich in citrulline which is an amino acid that can improve blood flow to the many important organs of the human body. It is as great to improve cardiac function as it is perfect to boost sex drive. The effect of citrulline is also comparable to the effect of Viagra in relaxing blood vessels. Experts also found that there is a greater concentration of this amino acid in the rind than in the watermelon’s red flesh.
• Nuts – buts aren’t just tasty and filling snacks but also contain essential amino
acids that can increase libido in women. These foods are also rich in L-
• Eggs – eggs are rich in vitamin B5 and B6 which are needed to help balance hormonal levels in women and in men. This type of food is also a great food source to reduce stress and also a great source of healthy cholesterol as well.
• Soya – expert believe that a healthy dose of foods made form soya can increase the female libido easily. Soy products contain phytoestrogen that may increase a woman’s arousal and ultimately her sex drive.
• Chocolate – eat more chocolate especially the dark variety to supply the body with serotonin and phenylethylamine to significantly increase mood and libido in both men and women.
• Nutmeg – this is basically called a natural Viagra, it is used in Indian cuisines and has been known to increase libido and to boost immune system and circulatory function.
• Pumpkin Seeds – this cheap but great source of zinc can effectively increase a woman’s sex drive. These seeds are also rich in omega 3 fatty acids that are important in the production of prostaglandins important in enhancing sexual health.
• Maca Root (Lepidium Meyenii) – this is a well known herbal remedy from the Andes
that contains minerals and amino acids. The root of the maca plant contains p-
• Berries – goji berries or wolfberries are also ideal in enhancing male and female sex drive. Goji berries are packaged as tea or extracts; these are known to enhance libido when taken regularly.
It is important to note that the female libido is influenced by many factors and eating foods that can increase sex drive must be accompanied by other measures to enhance low libido in women. Consult a medical professional for expert advice as well as appropriate treatment.
If you wish to start an herbal remedy to treat low female libido it is also important to consult your doctor for any adverse interactions with the medicines you are currently taking. Any drastic change in diet may also cause a direct effect to an existing medical condition and thus expert medical consult is needed. Any food allergies must also be taken in to consideration before eating any of these foods.